Special Proceedings cover a variety of different subjects including but not limited to;

  1. Adoptions
  2. Sale of Land to create assets
  3. Sale, mortgage, exchange or lease of a ward’s estate
  4. Foreclosures under power of sale
If you are looking for a list of properties that have been foreclosed on a list of the foreclosed properties are posted outside of the Clerk’s Office or look in the Stokes News
  1. Proceeding to determine ownership of surplus proceeds from foreclosure sale
  2. Legitimations/Proof of birth
  3. Motor Vehicle Liens
If you have a motor vehicle you wish to sell you will need to file a Petition for Authorization to Sell Motor Vehicle under a Lien and file it with the Clerk of Court
  1. Partitions and Cartway Proceedings